Thursday, January 20, 2011

01.19.11 My Year of Jubilee



Well, Happy New Year ya'll! Suddenly I find that Thanksgiving is gone, Christmas came and went...then there was the New Year and here I am at the start of Track II at IHOP-KC. I had such good intentions of adding posts to this blog while we were on break, however....! Hope you entered this year with the knowledge of His grace and favor on your lives. He loves you so.

The holidays were a bit of a whirlwind as I traveled about during the 3 week break. Mac, Sophie and I spent 11 days in Arkansas with my mom. David joined us for a couple of days at Christmas with his 10 or 11 week old German shepherd puppy. That made for some entertainment...watching Sophie who is maybe 10 pounds soaking wet, backing down this puppy that was more than double her size...even crawling on her belly with her tail wagging!! Was able to connect a little bit with a couple of the folks that I use to work with there. Overall it was a quiet time. I then headed to Alabama to return the dogs to their "foster home". I had an extended stay there due to some auto body work that needed to be done, but I won't mention any names Michael....and then I got snowed in by their biggest snow like in over 20 years. It was beautiful! I was able to grab bits of time with many while I was there....and that was special to me. I so appreciate everyone God has brought into my life. If I missed you this time....we will work on my next visit!

We have kicked off this internship and were just trying to get into the rhythm of it....and it snowed like crazy yesterday! So we are having an official 'snow day' today! The classes we have had thus far have been incredible. I am excited about what we will learn and gain in actual hands on training. It all stirs the hunger to walk in the Spirit...truly hearing and seeing as He does and then being able to speak His words into people's lives and watch their heart open to Him.

I woke from a dream yesterday morning where I had seen "Matthew 11:3" When I got to the prayer room yesterday I looked it up and it was a very familiar passage to me. It starts out with, "and said to Him, 'Are you the Expected One?' It then goes into Jesus answer, 'Go and report to John what you hear and see: the blind receive sight and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them. And blessed is he who is not offended in Me.'

I had just sat through several classes that brought out the various scriptures that tell us to earnestly....with fiery zeal...long and pursue the gifts of the spirit. In contemplating that fresh stirring and reading this passage, of which I have spent much time considering "blessed is he who is not offended in Me"...I saw a new revelation. In the days ahead we will need to have the same report to give those who are seeking the Truth (Jesus)....it's going to be a part of their ability to not be offended as things become darker and more confusing as the end of this age approaches. The question is...will we be able to give that same report??? Go, report what you hear and see...the blind see, the lame are walking, the deaf hear...the dead are alive and the poor are having the gospel preached to them. There is a connection between the testimony of His power and mercy being performed on the earth and their ability to not be offended at the wisdom of His leadership! May we all press into all that He has for us to mature into for His name sake and His glory!

Well, I celebrated my 'Jubilee' birthday today....50! That is just the wildest concept to me....can't really grasp that one for myself. 50 belongs to all those other people. But I love the thought of Jubilee....'those who have sold themselves into slavery get released'. I am claiming that one over my life this year! Freedom in Jesus, right?! As always, may you and your family know HIs Presence, grace and favor in the days ahead. Love you all much!