Friday, November 19, 2010

11.19.10 Gracious and Compassionate....


Greetings all! Everyone gearing up with Thanksgiving plans? I will be heading down to mom's to enjoy the day with her and David. Will be a short trip as nothing closes at IHOP....will just have to miss a couple of days of class/prayer room. It will be good just to get in the car and drive for 6 hours, out of the schedule/routine that has been life!

Needless to say there is so much I could update you all on but neither you nor I have time to write or read that novel right now. I can say that I am pretty floored at God's graciousness, tenderness and compassion as He is ever so gently revealing His heart for me. This week the Intro Track II interns (I am in Intro Track I at the moment and will start Intro Track II in January) have been doing a prophetic practicum and pulling people out of the prayer room who are interested in receiving prophetic ministry. Tuesday I got blessed with this opportunity. Two of the women both saw the same thing. They saw me at the ocean enjoying the sunset...relishing it as His handiwork; His painting. They both shared His heart's response to me in that place of delighting in His creativity, it's beauty. It so ministered to my heart to realize that He sees that part of me that does see Him in nature, sees parts of His heart revealed in it and that I enjoy Him through those things.....He delights in me that I delight in Him! It seems relatively simple but that particular day it ministered to a wounding of my heart where I had been mocked in the past for this very aspect of my personality. It was as if God was taking back that ground for me....totally validated who He had made me to be. It was awesome. When I returned to the prayer room I was just marveling at how He would bother to speak through two different women...just to make this point clear to me...a particle of dust! (We were formed from the dust of the earth; Genesis 1!) As soon as I had spoken that thought to Him, the Holy Spirit immediately whispered, "You know that when the dust of the earth mingles with the Light of the Son....that's how I paint the sky!" I was speechless as He then downloaded His delight to use us to display the colors and shades of His glory in the earth as we sit before Him....mingling with Him...the Light! He will reflect out of our lives, revealing Himself to those around us in His beauty and splendor. Wow. So next time you feel like a dirt clod...nothing special, a failure....go and watch the sunset! Oh what He can do with a little dust....

Love you all much! Know that you are in my heart and prayers. Have a blessed Thanksgiving and safe travels to those who will be on the road.

His,
Heather