Monday, February 7, 2011

02.07.11 Firsts



Well, February is well underway! It is my hope and trust that this finds you all well. As I consider the past few weeks it struck me that I have had a couple of 'firsts'.....like my first blizzard last week! As we were hearing the warnings of the coming storm and they kept tossing around that word....I had to wonder what they were talking about...at trip to DQ?! Well, now I have been educated by experience! This shot of my car was just prior to a little time of whiteout. It was amazing to watch the foot of snow, which is now an ice pack on all of our yards, accumulate that day. What a Creative God!

Track II of this internship is concentrated, "hands on" training for obtaining our PHDs...prophetic, healing and deliverance! We are receiving some of the most down to earth, practical instruction, laced with such humility on these three areas weekly and then being given opportunity (sometimes known as sink or swim!) to put our hands to the labor in these three areas. This past Saturday my Track II spent almost 4 hours doing prophetic ministry over Track I which has over 100 students! The time alone was stretching but by virtue of having some experience with the prophetic I ended up leading one of the teams. What I didn't know was that as the 'leader' I had to give the first word over each person that came through our team and if the team stalled, it was my job to prophesy and kick it back into gear. What?! Nothing like a little pressure...and that's not quiet how my prophetic flows. Give me 5 or 10 minutes and I might hear something or I might not! Well, Saturday certainly changed my status quo! It is just a blast to have to lean on God....and you find that He is there and He is faithful! It was a pretty cool day, though it wore us out. I also found great delight in watching some of my fellow interns start out so hesitant but then found that flow and just enjoyed ministering words of life. Makes one wonder what other tricks the staff have up their sleeves for the next couple of months??? :)

The Holy Spirit is bringing such clarity to what I have been called to and that in and of itself brings such a confidence. As I finish this internship in April I know that I will be remaining here at IHOP-KC as a missionary, ministering to the Lord in prayer and worship, first and foremost, in a full time way....as my occupation. Ministry to others will be an overflow from that place....and oh what opportunities abound here, even to touch the nations!

As always, know that I am so grateful for all of you that He has placed in and around my life! May you know His favor and grace, as well as having all wisdom and understanding for the time and the season we find ourselves in. He is Faithful! Much love in Him.....