Tuesday, August 10, 2010

August 23.....the day!

Hey ya'll!

Thought I would use the true southern terminology while I am still truly in the south! Well, it looks like August 23 will be the day I pull out of Alabama and head to Kansas City. It occurred to me that if I didn't just set a date that I would be here till Christmas! Can any body relate to procrastination? So looking at the calendar I made the decision based on how much time I thought I would need to get things together. What I thought was random had turned out to be so orchestrated! A few days later it occurred to me that I would be arriving in KC way before my internship starts and that thought excited me because that would give me a chunk of time to just sit before the Lord in the prayer room, dive into the Word and just fellowship with Him outside of the hectic schedule of IHOP itself. A day or two later that thought returned to me and it slowly dawned on me that I would be in a great position to add fasting to this time of sitting before the Lord.....and then I had this sense of "Uh-oh.....I have been set up!" The 23 will be a travel day. I pulled out a calendar and started counting! My first full day in KC until the first day of the internship is 40 days. There is such an anticipation as I am seeing such divine weavings! So do be praying for me as I do not have the details of what kind of fast yet but I do want to be faithful to it and all that He has for me during those 6 weeks.

This past weekend I witnessed God working out details that I have been unsuccessful at resolving for myself. IHOP will be having 700 students arrive on base for this Fall = no room in the inn! I have had several leads on places/rooms to rent with nothing being available. Saturday morning I came across a posting on FB from the previous manager of the internship I was in at IHOP in 08 and he had just got his new website up and wanted everyone to check it out....it connects those needing housing with those with space available near IHOP! Within an hour I had a room on Myrtle Ave, within walking distance of the prayer room. Praise God for provision!

I have also had my old Saturn that I needed to sell before I leave. It has been a thorn in my flesh, to say the least. Saturday I finally just made myself finish cleaning it up and arrangements finally came through to park it in a friends yard on a busy street in Scottsboro. I finally got it parked there about 4 o'clock Saturday afternoon. I was awakened by a phone call Sunday morning by a guy who wanted to check it out. It was sold before church that morning! That required a big "Praise God"!!! It was interesting prophetically speaking. That morning Chris Mitchell from the Florence area was speaking at church. Before he started preaching he had tossed a bunch of white paper on the floor in front of the alter. As he was finishing the sermon he picked one up and though it was totally perfect for what he preached, as he explained what was on them, I just wanted to go grab it out of his hands because it was for me! It had simply two things on it: the date which was 08.08.10 and "My last day". In the prophetic world you always hear that the number 8 stands for new beginnings and 10 is for divine order. So Chris was sharing that it was a day of "double portion new beginnings" and God's order being set......I had just written that date myself and could see it in my mind's eye....as I was selling the Saturn. Again, in prophetic terms, I have always heard that your vehicle represents your ministry. So on the day of double portion of new beginnings and God setting things in His order, my old ministry/season were literally released and gone! Pretty sweet prophetic picture and confirmation that I am stepping in the correct direction!

Thank you for your prayers and the kind, encouraging words that many of you have expressed. I need you guys! This is a big, scary step I am making and I can sense the strength of your intercession over my life.....what a gift! This week I am facing another yard sale Saturday.....I need to get rid of all the "stuff". Two weeks is looking pretty short for finishing up closing my apartment, packing, storing, etc. I am also about to send out a "clarification" letter to those of you who received a hard copy of my letter explaining this move. I have had several people asking questions that were not clear in the first letter, so I hope to have that out in the next day or two. Blessings and grace to you all. May His favor be evident over you and your families. Much love in Him.....