Thursday, August 19, 2010

08.19.10 5 Days and Counting!

"Wow" comes to mind when I look back over the past few weeks. Two yard sales in July and August....in the South....need I say more? Much thanks to Wally and Gina Whitmore who let me fill their front yard with most of my earthly belongings. And also to Bill Everett and Greg Godfrey, without whom I would never had been able to get the furniture out the apartment! God blessed both days of sales and I am grateful.

The women of the Rock Scottsboro had a dinner for me during our regular Mentoring Moments monthly meeting. There was a prayer time for me, which totally messed me up.....that was a multiple Kleenex time....and they had a "Blessing Jar" in which they left notes and money to help me take this next step forward. The notes caused another major need of Kleenex! It was all a huge blessing. The night was capped off when Pastor Jennifer taught on Hannah. She had no idea but Hannah had been a word that Pastor Greg had taught on a number of years earlier regarding intercession. It was a very direct word that spoke into and over my life. To have Hannah brought up on this particular night in preparation for my move to the house of prayer was just a God thing. It stirred afresh those things He had planted in the prior years......yea, some foundation for what I am walking into. Much thanks to the ladies of the Rock! I love you guys and will so miss you all.

It has been pretty amazing watching God work out the details. And yet it has been a challenge to try to keep in that place of rest knowing He has me in His hand, just to be honest. As I have sold, given away or thrown away the "things" that make up my day to day life, as I say good-bye to the people in my life, and the unknown fate of my dogs as of yet, Mac and Sophie, the emotions have run high. It does not take much for the tears to be rolling! And yet I know once the "tasks" of moving are done, I am heading into a great adventure that will be putting me in the middle of His will, doing what I am anointed for. As I have heard it preached....there is no better place to be than that!

And so I attack the next 4 days to finish washing, packing, cleaning, delivering items to friends that don't belong to me, and finishing up making rounds to some folks I need to see before I head out on Monday. I look forward to arriving in KC to have time to process these changes! Thank you to all of you, again, for the encouragement you have given in words, prayer and financially. Can't help but think of Steven Curtis Chapman's song "Great Adventure" at this point in time! "Saddle up your horses, we've got a trail to blaze. Through the wild blue yonder of God's amazing grace. We'll follow our Leader into the glorious unknown, this is life like none other (whoa whoa) THIS IS THE GREAT ADVENTURE! To quote David Vest, "Giddy up!"

Love you all much.