Sunday, October 3, 2010

10.03.10 So It Begins!


Greetings from KC everyone! I hope this finds you all well as Autumn finally decided to show up this week. This is my favorite time of the year!

The past few weeks have continued to be a time of searching my heart and preparation for this new leg of my journey. I headed back to Alabama to close out my accounts and get a few more of my things I will need for the colder months. It was good to see familiar faces and I was greatly blessed by the outpouring of love and the generosity of everyone's hospitality....those I stayed with and those that offered! Thank you! And it was a special blessing to get to have Mac and Sophie with me for a few days......miss them much as they just make me smile.

Intro to IHOP-KC began this past Friday at 8:00 a.m. and it was good to find myself in the company of about 100 others from all over the States and several other nations who have set aside these months to go after God's Presence and dive into His Word. Needless to say it has been good to get this internship underway! I so appreciate all of your prayers on my behalf through this transition....I have so needed them and I have been strengthened by you guys.

Many of you have asked regarding my housing now. Prior to heading back to 'Bama I had moved my things out of the first house and into the garage of another home that rents out rooms. (The room I am in now was not yet vacant when I left.) My new housemates are two women, both in their fifties and the atmosphere is completely different than the initial house I was in. Oh, and this bed is not only much better than the previous, it's actually a pillow top! You would have had to have slept a night in the previous mattress to know the fulness of the wonder of this! Again, thank you for praying. The schedule is packed and good rest will be of much value!

Know that you all are in my heart and in my prayers these days. Now that I have my feet on the ground here, these blog updates should be more regular and have more of what God is up to in this little walk I am on. Blessings and grace.....