Wednesday, December 14, 2011

12.14.2012 Seymour to See More!



I said good-bye to Alabama on 12.12.12 and started my journey back towards KC and the International House of Prayer. My plans were do travel up through KY and visit with friends and then land in Seymour, Indiana for a couple of nights in a little retreat cabin that a precious couple opened to me before heading west to KC. I was minding my own business yesterday when I literally walked into an encounter with the Lord that just broke me. Have you ever had God invite you to draw closer to Him? Needless to say, I have stayed one more day here in Seymour so I can 'see more' of what He desires to show me. Can we truly wrap our heads around this....that the God of the universe desires to fellowship with us, share His heart and actually sets us up for encounters so that we can walk forward in strength and wholeness? Oh the love of God....what a mystery to me.

The past few weeks have been jammed pack with trying to get things together to plug back into the missions base and make all my connections in the southeast region prior to loading up. It was so good to have had the opportunity to actually get over to the Atlanta area and see some of my oldest friends. What treasures they are to me. There was the bonus of getting to connect with my cousin Maria and to see my great aunt Jeanie once again.

Then there were the good-byes. My heart broke again to leave Mac and Sophie behind. That was not a good evening. My eyes were swollen for 2 days! I so appreciate their foster mom, Kay, who has done a great job of not only caring for them but loving them too. That helps ease the heart ache. It was also hard to leave my church home but I am blessed to know that I don't go alone to KC. It was such a blessing and strength to me to be prayed over and sent out to what God is calling me to do. To my friends in the north Alabama area, thank you for your love, care, provision, prayer and support the past 7 months. I have been blown away the past couple of days reflecting on what God has done in and through you all. You guys....rock! I am finding I am at a loss for words here.

KC Friday....or bust! Grace to each of you in this busy holiday season :)

His,
Heather